Skating is one of the world’s greatest sports!
World Champion and Olympic Competitor Kimmie Meissner got her start here at Mount Pleasant Ice Arena’s skating school. Our skating school is fun, challenging and rewarding. Regardless of age, it is a great sport for everyone — preschoolers, youth, teens, adults and seniors. Skating is a sport that can last a lifetime!
Whether your goal is to learn to play ice hockey, figure skate, aim for the Olympics, learn to skate backward, improve your overall health and fitness, impress your friends, or just to have fun on the ice, you can find it with the Basic Skills program at Mount Pleasant Ice Arena. Join today!
Learn to skate, earn badges, meet new friends, be healthy and have fun!
Welcome to Mt. Pleasant Ice Arena - Learn To Skate Program
Our Learn to Skate program for children (ages 5 and older) and adults, follows the
U. S. Figure Skating Basic Skills curriculum which consists of Snowplow Sam 1-2-3, Basic 1-8 and Freestyle levels. Our objective is to provide a fun, safe and rewarding skating experience for the beginner as well as the more advanced skater.
Learn to Skate Overview:
- 30 minute class (Freestyle classes 1/2 hr with limited class size)
- 30 minute practice session
- 4 complimentary passes to public sessions
- Rental Skates are available, at no charge if needed during the lesson
- Limited class sizes, classes grouped by age and skating ability
- Registration for classes are processed on a first come, first serve basis
- No registrations will be accepted the first day of classes. All skaters must be pre-registered.
- No refunds issued
- Missed classes can only be made up during the current session
- All children ages 5-6 are required to wear a well-fitted bicycle helmet
- It is recommended that all skaters should wear mittens or gloves as well as one pair of knee high socks or tights
Register On Line
Monday 5:00 Class Registration
Saturday 12:30 Class Registration
Saturday 1:30 Class Registration